Toronto North Support Services - Job Posting
February 15th, 2017
TORONTO NORTH SUPPORT SERVICES
Position: Peer Client Services Worker
Details: Part-time Contract
Start Date: March 1st 2017
Reports to: Managers, MDOT & MATCH
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Peer Client Services Worker for the MDOT and MATCH teams will provide supports to a group of complex clients, including homeless and housed individuals with mental health, health and addiction issues.
We use the Mental Health Commission definition of peer support. That is, someone with lived experience of a mental health challenge or illness, is in a positive state of recovery and has developed an ability to provide peer support.
The position will assist clients to access community services and social/recreational activities, as well as the possibility of facilitating groups. It will provide peer support to clients who are hospitalized or who require accompaniment to medical, legal and social services appointments. This position also provides some administrative support, including documentation responsibilities.
The position works closely with a range of team members, including an RN, and psychiatrists, who work cooperatively to assess, plan, treat and support clients.
- Able to relate and engage with individuals served by the teams from a peer perspective
- Ensure support is rooted in harm reduction and trauma informed
- Collaborate with case managers on how best to support individuals in the program
- Provide individuals with supportive listening and encouragement
- Facilitate client interaction with each other in group setting
- Work collaboratively, respectfully and constructively with clients, team members, other service providers, volunteers, management and external stakeholders
- Assist with crisis intervention as needed
- Document client-related activities on the Client Information System’s database
- Participate in case review meetings, team meetings and training sessions as required
- Work from a harm reduction approach and a Recovery perspective
- Work cooperatively with team members and other service providers in order to better meet client’s needs
- Identify self-care needs to Supervisors
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of issues affecting individuals who access MATCH/MDOT such as poverty, homelessness, unemployment, stigma, isolation
- Experience working, and developing relationships with, marginalized individuals from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience and/or training in the provision of peer support in the adult mental health sector
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources for mental health and substance abuse in the GTA
- Sound judgment that is, first and foremost, respectful of the consumers being served and is based on the use of recovery-oriented standards
- Ability to handle stressful situations and recognize the signs of someone going into or being in crisis
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diversity issues and ability to work within an anti-racist, anti-oppression framework
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Word
- Training in the following areas: Crisis Prevention, WRAP, Recovery, Harm Reduction, Trauma informed approach, anti-oppression/anti- racism, mental health and addiction an asset
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Arif Nizami at HR@tnss.ca. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm on February 17th 2017.
Toronto North Support Services is a workplace that is characterised by respect, choice and inclusion. We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified applicants. We encourage applications from those who are consumers of mental health services.
We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.