C/S Info is Hiring!
October 3rd, 2017
C/S Info is Hiring a Program Coordinator:
The Consumer Survivor Information Resource Centre of Toronto (C/S Info) was established to meet the information needs of consumers/survivors in the Toronto area. The Centre provides information, outreach, and related services with the goal of removing the information barriers that may prevent consumers/survivors from achieving an optimal quality of life. It seeks to raise awareness and understanding of mental health challenges and addictions. It also aids people in the competent use of the health care system and social support agencies and strives to raise awareness of the factors that influence health. It operates on the belief that timely information distribution equips people to better utilize the resources available within the community.
- Plan and/or participate with Consumer/Survivor stakeholders in community events to raise C/S Info’s profile, share information, and advocate for the basic rights of Consumers/Survivors.
- Outreach and network with community members & community partners.
- Engage and provide supervision, training & development for placement students and volunteers of C/S Info.
- Provide information and assistance in finding resources to consumer/survivors, mental health professionals and the general public, both on the phone and in person,
- Respond to queries for information pertaining to mental health and addiction issues and supports.
- Expand and diversify the organization’s resource material.
- Collect information relevant to the readers of the Bulletin,
- Co-Produce, publish, and distribute the semi-monthly newsletter, The Bulletin, by mail and email, including photocopying, envelope stuffing, etc.
- Make additions, changes and deletions to our mailing lists,
- Plan, develop and execute workshops of interest to Consumers/Survivors.
- Coordinate venue, facilitators, and any other necessities required for delivery of the workshops (ttc tokens, food, supplies, etc.)
- Supervise and support the Income Tax Clinic and liaise with Canada Revenue Agency.
- Must qualify and register to be a volunteer tax preparer through the Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Must be willing to learn to prepare simple tax returns using Ufile software
- Ensure that C/S Info is operated within the policies/procedures and mission of the organization.
- Ensure the confidentiality of C/S Info‘s clients.
- Complete a workload measurement tool and maintain the client contact log for statistical and funding purposes.
- Oversee and maintain the website and social media presence.
- Responsible for petty cash and TTC token usage
- Order food for meetings, coordinate venues, entertainment, and any other necessities for events,
- Perform duties of other employees when necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be a psychiatric consumer/survivor.
- Minimum Social Service worker diploma
- Thorough knowledge of the services and resources available to consumer/survivors and people with substance use concerns.
- Knowledge of peer support recovery best practices and strength-based language
- Experience managing social media and website
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and public speaking skills and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (i.e. able to work with consumers/survivors and mental health professionals).
- Strong organizational and administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent internet research skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Publisher and Excel
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and self-motivated, able to assess priorities and move to the next task with minimum supervision
- Comfortable managing challenging client interactions and multiple deadlines
- Demonstrate skill managing social media presence: website, blog, and Facebook.
- Some student and volunteer supervision experience required
Contract Position – November 2017 to March 31, 2018
Range: $21-25 per hour
Please email your cover letter and resume as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Wednesday, October 18 at 3:00 pm
No phone calls please
As a consumer/survivor organization, we are particularly interested in encouraging qualified applicants with lived experience of mental health or addiction challenges from all communities to apply. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests when contacted for an interview.
For a PDF version of this job description click here: Coordinator Position Description - October 2017
Feel free to share widely with your networks.
Free Admission to Toronto Museums!
How To Effectively Research Mental Health
C/S Info is Hiring!
Mental Health Support & Skill Development Program
Peer Researcher Job Opportunities
Board Member – Regeneration Community Services
Disability Tax Credit & Related Programs
CSI Network Forum - Report and slide presentation are now available
Screening - In the Spotlight - Tuesday July 14, 2017 at 1:30
Toronto North Support Services - Job Posting
Toronto's Untold Stories
Services to help you outside the hospital
Well Being Event - November 29th
Houselink Build Your Career Fair
Welcome to our Blog!